Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BBQ, me and you

    Soon after I began eating meat, Kyle took me to The Keg for dinner. After eight years of vegetarianism I made a surprising discovery. I. LOVE. STEAK. And I like it rare. That first steak dinner is seared in my mind for eternity. That piece of meat was juicy and tender, and the fact that I fell absolutely in love with it had nothing whatsoever to do with the bottle of wine and keg sized caesars we indulged in.
   But I've never really been able to make a steak THAT satisfying at home. I've tried different marinades, dry rubs, and I even made Mr. Bobby Flay's steak sauce. The results were good. But never awesome. And I think I figured out why: I was cheaping out. Today I decided to go for it and buy the most expensive cut available and it was worth it my friend. Yeah, these babies were $20/pound, but they were melt in your mouth meaty goodness. I don't think red meat should be eaten every day, but if you're gonna do it, do it well. Or rare.

 
      I used a dry rub to season the steaks, because I find that marinades don't really do that much to add flavour and are usually just a waste of wine.
      Oh yeah, and I made a Greek salad too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment